Saturday, May 06, 2006

Twice in one day?!?

My blog is only hours old (I set it up on my long lunch break during a twelve hour shift at the bookstore where I work) and I have already changed the name. Upon dubbing my blog 'The Feltonian', and my request for the 'feltonian' url being granted, I was off and running. Well, more like off and crawling, or at least rolling over and thinking about crawling, but anyway there I was with my own little infant blog. Minutes later I did the natural thing. After logging out of my blog I started furiously googling to try to verify the existence of my blog to my mildly technophobe, luddite-wannabe self which suffers interminable incredulity regarding the efficacy of anything I try to do 'online'. You computer savvy folks might wonder why I didn't go directly to the blogger website and get to my blog that way. Well, that would be just too simple and straightforward, plus, nothing exists if it doesn't appear when googled, right? So, I couldn't get to my blog, but I did find another, much older, prettier, probably smarter, probably just plain better in all regards, blog named 'The Feltonian', produced by a woman named Christine Felton. Christine is an art student and her blog has nice samples of her work. Check it out, as far as I can tell it is the original 'Feltonian' blog. So, I changed my blog name to 'The Feltonian Institute.' I like this because sometimes I chide myself by saying things, in my head, like 'Welcome to the Feltonian Institute of Dimwittedness'. And to you 'out there', welcome to the Feltonian Institute of Rambling Blog Posts. 'Til next time, Cheers.

4 comments:

christa said...

i don't think you should keep that phrase "Welcome to the Feltonian Institute of Dimwittedness" in your head. speak it! it would make me giggle!

David E. Felton said...

Hey Christa, Thanks for the comment. I like to make people giggle. Thanks for linking to my blog. As soon as I figure out how to do that, you will be so there! Also, I've been digging your traffic island posts. I lived at the top of that hill on Markham so drove by there all the time in the days before the circle. I think the 'hater' is hilarious and messed up. Maybe I should leave a comment on your blog so you don't have to come over to my blog to get praise for yours... but again, thanks...

Elizabeth said...

Install a site meter and then you can really go crazy on self introspection.

Joseph H. Vilas said...

Do you not get referrer logs from Blogger? I can waste more time looking at referrer logs than I can masturbating. Wow, did I say that out loud? :) Anyway, referrer logs are good mindless entertainment, and heaven for the introspective and self-deprecating.