Saturday, May 06, 2006

You Never Forget Your First (No matter how lame)

One blog leads to another. I added a comment to a friend's blog. I typed it up and spurned the preview function, when normally I am completely slavishly neurotically addicted to the preview function, and went straight to post. Then I read it and it had a typo. A sentence beginning with 'But really...' read 'Bur really...'. And there it was for all to see, and the insecure perfectionist in me wanted to be able to edit and correct it, but I couldn't (at least I couldn't figure out how to), so the slightly more mature person I sometimes muster told me not to be so freaking anal. Nobody but one, maybe two people will see this, and they might not even notice, and if they did they certainly wouldn't remember more than two seconds, so don't even give it a second thought. But it was weird, all of a sudden having something, no matter how banal, 'out' there for all to see, and seeing the mistake and not being able to correct it. So, that little mistake, enshrined in the 'comments' of my friends blog led me to wade into the murky waters of the weird world of 'blogging'. Serious doubts as to my ability to compose 'posts' with any regularity swirl around this small venture. I thought about calling it The Daily Feltonian, then thought better. Maybe The Weekly? Nahh. Just go with plain old Feltonian and see how it goes. 'Til next time...

3 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora 9Hello) from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. I'll try not to make any "mistakes". I do that sometimes as well - I either delete it & start again, or do another post correcting my mistake !!!

David E. Felton said...

Wow, I'm actually amazed that I've got a comment. Thanks a bunch. I'm in North Carolina, U.S.A., just so we both know where we are. You've helped make my first time more special (and less lame) than I could have hoped. If I commit any gross abuses of blogging etiquette I hope folks such as you will gently show me the error of my ways, and feel free to point out any just plain errors. Thanks again, Cheers!

Joseph H. Vilas said...

You sly dog -- asking about my blog, then starting your own w/o mentioning your own efforts. How self-effacing! How humble! How... not like most bloggers! ;) Hope you enjoy yourself.