Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Surfin' past my bedtime

I am so close to finishing my undergraduate college degree, at long last. I started in 1989, left for a year, went back, bailed out again at the last moment, stayed gone ten years, then went back for a third try, now after 6 semesters, the last 2 full-time while working 32 hours between Friday and Sunday, I find myself with just a handful of days left and much more work to do... but damn if I'm not feeling less motivation than a slug looking for a beer.
Instead of working on a paper, I've been distracting myself with surfing. I think I have fallen hard for a new web radio social sharing thing called last.fm. I have enjoyed Pandora some at work, but for whatever reason never at home. Next time you're surfing and want to put on the headphones and listen to a commercial free mix which you can customize, give last.fm a try. If you like female chanteuses then check out Keren Ann at last.fm, and then run out and buy one of her cds.
I fell in love with her album NOLITA last year. Since right now basically all my music is in storage, I was very happy to hook up with last.fm, find her radio station, and get to hear some of her other stuff. I had kind of forgotten about her, since I haven't had access to her cd in some time. She is fantastic. She sings in French and English. I'm not sure there is anything sexier than a woman singing in French... well... I could maybe think of a couple of things... but it's way up there...

3 comments:

Joseph H. Vilas said...

OK Felton, you're essentially done with your degree now, so where are the blog posts? I want three posts a day, for the next three months! Get down and give me 20 soldier, right now! ;)

Joseph H. Vilas said...

This is another friendly reminder about putatively forthcoming posts about a certain, um, comestible. No pressure though. ;)

Joseph H. Vilas said...

Hello, David? Hello?