Thursday, January 03, 2008

Errol Morris always blowin' my mind...

I first encountered Errol Morris when I was a video store clerk at the late lamented Durham Carolina Theatre Video Store. I've tried with reasonable success to keep tabs on his career over the years, always to my great pleasure. Tonight I discovered that he is blogging at The New York Times. My god, his blog is overwhelmingly amazing. I mean really folks, he blows my mind with his mind. I only began to read one post and had to stop because I was about to be reading his blog for hours if I didn't break away. I will return, ASAP & AOAP, when I have a little more focus and time to spend. If you want to dive in to the deep end with Mr. Morris I can heartily recommend starting here. After going down the rabbit hole @ his NYT blog, go check out his personal website, where you can watch some of the best commercials you've ever seen but didn't know were directed by one of the world's greatest living film directors, and plenty that you've probably never seen, and much more beyond. If you haven't seen his films do yourself a favor and make arrangements to as soon as possible.

1 comment:

covert said...

hey dave,

you failed to comment on my blog like you said you were gonna. you liar.